[torqueusers] changing pbs server name

Steve Traylen s.traylen at rl.ac.uk
Wed Oct 26 05:45:51 MDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 05:25:19PM +0100 or thereabouts, Steve Traylen wrote:

>  I am also working on making a resiliant torque server at the moment
>  with linux-ha.
>
>  I just about have it all working and am halfway through writing it up.
>  http://wiki.gridpp.ac.uk/wiki/High_Availabilty_Torque
>  The page is not complete yet but come back in a week and hopefully it
>  should be.

I was  little premature here and am now at a dead end working on this.

So I have a physical hostname gpp002.gridpp.rl.ac.uk and I'm
trying to put the pbs_server on gpp001.gridpp.rl.ac.uk a virtual
interface on gpp002.

So i have torque.cfg containing

SERVERHOST gpp001.gridpp.rl.ac.uk

however another batch worker gpp004.gridpp.rl.ac.uk requires the
pbs_priv/config

$pbsserver gpp002.gridpp.rl.ac.uk

i.e the real hostname where the pbs_server is running.

Changing $pbsserver to the virtual address blocks the pbs_server.

I need to be able to put gpp001.gridpp.rl.ac.uk in $pbsserver value
so I can move the whole of gpp001 to a new physical host on failover.

I tried some horrible things such SourceNAT translation on pbs_server host
but with no luck.

Any ideas?

 Steve

--