[torqueusers] node status update info

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Oct 25 13:59:20 MDT 2005

I was just thinking that the node status update is pretty big, and I
don't think most of it is needed.

We current have the following fields:

Does anything use uname, sessions, nsessions, nusers, idletime, gres,
and netload?  I don't see any useful references in pbs_server or maui.
Does moab use them?

Maui seems to use the ncpus in the status update, instead of the np
value reported by pbs_server.   That seems wrong to me.  If np is lower
than ncpus, then pbs_server can easily reject hostlist assignments from

University of Southern California