[torqueusers] node status update info

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Oct 25 13:59:20 MDT 2005

I was just thinking that the node status update is pretty big, and I
don't think most of it is needed.

We current have the following fields:

    "arch",
    "opsys",
    "uname",
    "sessions",
    "nsessions",
    "nusers",
    "idletime",
    "totmem",
    "availmem",
    "physmem",
    "ncpus",
    "loadave",
    "message",
    "gres",
    "netload",
    "size",
    "state",

Does anything use uname, sessions, nsessions, nusers, idletime, gres,
and netload?  I don't see any useful references in pbs_server or maui.
Does moab use them?

Maui seems to use the ncpus in the status update, instead of the np
value reported by pbs_server.   That seems wrong to me.  If np is lower
than ncpus, then pbs_server can easily reject hostlist assignments from
maui.

University of Southern California