[torqueusers] changing pbs server name

Steve Traylen s.traylen at rl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 25 10:25:19 MDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 01:37:27PM +1000 or thereabouts, Andrew Thomson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to change the name of the pbs server. Currently it's just the
> hostname of the box however I'm making pbs a bit more resilient and am
> assigning a floating ip to "pbs-server" so I can move it should the
> primary pbs server fail.

Hi Andrew,

 You can the SERVERHOST directive.

 http://www.clusterresources.com/products/torque/docs20/a.ktorquecfg.shtml

 I am also working on making a resiliant torque server at the moment
 with linux-ha.

 I just about have it all working and am halfway through writing it up.
 http://wiki.gridpp.ac.uk/wiki/High_Availabilty_Torque
 The page is not complete yet but come back in a week and hopefully it
 should be.

  Steve