[torqueusers] Programming problem

Cargnelli, Matthieu Matthieu.Cargnelli at eads.net
Mon Oct 24 09:38:41 MDT 2005

Hi all,

I've written a client programm that uses torque, and I ran into a weird
problem : I want to submit a job with a user hold and then release the
hold. But when I call the pbs_rsljob function it actually releases the
hold (the job is queued then run), but the funtion never returns.
Here is the code I use to call the function.

pthread_mutex_lock(&connect_lock);
printf("Took lock\n");
pbs_rlsjob(connect,job_id_cpy,USER_HOLD, NULL);
printf("Done, releasing lock\n");
pthread_mutex_unlock(&connect_lock);

The program prints "Took lock" and then hangs although the job is run on
the server.

job_id_cpy is a char* wich contains the name of the job, and connect is
the connection number.

By the way, are pbs functions thread safe ? I couldn't find any
information on that point.

Has anyone ever eard of this problem ?

Thanks

Matthieu Cargnelli