[torqueusers] qsub problem

Angelino Matteo matteo.angelino at mfn.unipmn.it
Mon Oct 24 02:53:31 MDT 2005

Suppose that i have a simple program named program that accept one
parameter on command line. Normally I use the program in the
folloeing mode :

# program 1
# program 2
# program 100

On my cluster I must write 100 script :

program1.sh :

#!/bin/bash

program 1

program100.sh

#!/bin/bash

program 100

and i use qsub to execute the script :

# qsub program1.sh
# qsub program100.sh

To automate the process, I can write a simple loop to execute all the
100 qsub.

My question is : is possible to write only one script like the
following ?

programX.sh:

#!/bin/bash
program $1

I have tried but when i call the script from qsub the system return
to me an error :

# qsub programX.sh 1

I must specify that the parameter 1 is for script and not fot qsub

Exist a solution?

Thank's

On Oct 23, 2005, at 1:42 AM, Jacques Foury wrote:

> Angelino Matteo a écrit :
>

>> Hi,
>> I have installed torque (1.2.0p6) and maui (3.2.6p13) on little
>> cluster (6 ws double opteron).
>> The cluster work fine, but i have a little problem with qsub:
>>
>> In my test I have created a simple script that launch a test
>> program  and all is ok. In production I must execute 100 instace
>> of one  program. This is not parallel program, every instance is
>> indipendent from other.
>> The executable program is the same but the inptut parameter
>> change ... so i must write 100 script ...
>>
>> My question is : is it possible to write one (and only one) script
>> to  execute my 100 instance?
>>
>> Thank's and excuse me for my english .....
>>

> Of course, just write a shell loop which makes 100 qsub !
>
> Do you wish help ?
>
> --
> Jacques Foury

Angelino Matteo
Dipartimento di Informatica
Universita' del Piemonte Orientale
Via Bellini 25g - 15100 Alessandria
Tel  : +39 0131360375
Fax : +39 0131360198
<matteo dot angelino at mfn dot unipmn dot it>