[torqueusers] local scratch space allocation

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Oct 20 17:26:18 MDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 05:35:17PM -0600, Dave Jackson alleged:
> Steve,
>
>   This patch looks broadly useful.  TORQUE 1.2.0patch 6 is already fully
> populated with a full slate of enhancements (thanks to USC and several
> other sites!) and is in testing.  We have included this patch in the
> 'contrib' directory and will get it rolled into the patch 7 release.

I suddenly have need for this patch, but it seems that it never got
rolled in.  Unfortunately it doesn't apply anymore.

I'd to revamp it for current TORQUE with one minor change:  as written,
only MS will make the tmpdir, instead I'd like it to check if the
filesystem is local or remote.  If it is remote, then only MS will make
it, if it is local, all MOMs will make it.

"remote" will be defined as any filesystem with a ":" in the name and
the hostname isn't the local hostname, or the fstype is "smbfs", the
device starts with "//", and the hostname portion isn't the local
hostname.

Does that sound reasonable to everyone?

University of Southern California