[torqueusers] Yet another problem of stage-in

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Oct 18 12:52:12 MDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 02:02:12PM +0200, guillaume.alleon alleged:
> Hi,
>
> I have two questions about stage-in using torque since I am
> encountering problem on 1.2.0p5
>
> 1-Is there a way to trace what pbs_mom is doing as far as
> transfer as concerned. I want to know if it is using scp (as
> configured) or pbs_rcp. I remember that this what something
> readable from the logs in the 1.1 serie. Currently, I find
> all my output & error files in "undelivered" and cannot
> understand why.

Are you talking about the "stagein" and "stageout" files (configured
with qsub's -W arg), or delivering the stdout/stderr of the job
(configured with qsub's -o, -e, -k, and -j options)?

The logic for delivery of stdout/stderr files is as follows:

First, if the file(s) are to be delivered to a local filesystem, then
'cp' is used.  If the file(s) are to be delivered to a remote filesystem
covered by MOM's $usecp option, then use 'cp'.

Otherwise, if ./configure was run with --with-scp, then MOM attempts to
use 'scp', else use 'rcp'.

When using 'scp', MOM retries with 'mom_rcp' if the scp fails.

Note that CVS just changed last week, it will no longer fallback to
mom_rcp.

> 2-Is there a Torque/Maui ... BOF/meeting at SC this year ;-)

If not officially, we'll do _something_.

University of Southern California