[torqueusers] question regarding elapsed time

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Oct 14 20:22:40 MDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 09:30:42AM +1000, Ashley Wright alleged:
> Thanks Garrick,
>
> I upgraded to version 1.2.0p6 using a shared /usr/local, however I
> forgot to reboot the MOMs (I just rebooted pbs_server and Maui).
> Now that all the pbs components are running on version 1.2.0p6, the
> 'Time Use' is showing up and it seems to be close to the correct value
> (seems to be 30-60 sec behind).

I'm glad it is working.

It's normal that the usage is a little behind.  If you have a smaller
cluster and don't mind additional load, you can tighten that up.  See
"check_poll_time" in pbs_mom(8B) and "job_stat_rate" in
pbs_server_attributes(7B).  Lowering those values will keep the usage
info more current.

University of Southern California