[torqueusers] torque requires --enable-debug to work

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Oct 14 20:01:20 MDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 01:50:35PM +1000, Andrew Sharpe alleged:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm fairly new to torque but I think this is non-standard behaviour.
> I've verified that this problem exists on
> torque-1.2.0p4
> torque-1.2.0p6
> torque-1.2.0p7-snap.1127772314
> using CentOS4.1 (full install) on x86_64.
>
> The problem is that torque only works if I compile it with
> --enable-debug.  Here's the steps I follow to obtain the results:
>
> NOTE: pbs is a CNAME to machine1, which correctly resolves to 10.1.1.12,
> machine2 correctly resolves to 10.1.1.13 - by resolves I mean forward
> and reverse lookups are ok.
>
> 1. compile any of the above versions using the following commands
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --set-default-server=pbs
> --set-server-home=/var/spool/PBS --enable-server --enable-docs
> --enable-mom --enable-clients --enable-syslog --disable-rpp
> make
> make install

Thanks for the very good debugging info!  Did you happen to check for
anything in /var/log/messages?  Since you configured with
--enable-syslog, there might be some valuable info.

What is the server tcp_timeout ('p s tcp_timeout' in qmgr)?  That should
be at least 6 or so.

Please do 'set server log_level = 7' in qmgr and run 'momctl -q
loglevel=7 -h machine1,machine2' and retry the tests.  That will add
additional info to the server and mom logs.

Also try again without '--disable-rpp' (be sure to reinstall and
restart server and moms).