[torqueusers] New: C scheduler -> maui help

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 4 09:28:40 MDT 2005

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Lennart Karlsson wrote:

> Augmented suggestion:
>
> CLASSCFG[a]	QDEF=prio_a
> CLASSCFG[b]	QDEF=prio_b
> CLASSCFG[c]	QDEF=prio_c
> CLASSCFG[d]	QDEF=prio_d
> CLASSCFG[e]	QDEF=prio_e
> CLASSCFG[f]	QDEF=prio_f
> CLASSCFG[g]	QDEF=prio_g
>
> QOSCFG[prio_a]	PRIORITY=0
> QOSCFG[prio_b]	PRIORITY=100000
> QOSCFG[prio_c]	PRIORITY=200000
> QOSCFG[prio_d]	PRIORITY=300000
> QOSCFG[prio_e]	PRIORITY=400000
> QOSCFG[prio_f]	PRIORITY=500000
> QOSCFG[prio_g]	PRIORITY=600000
>
> ???
>
> -- Lennart Karlsson <Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se>

     BINGO!  Thank you much.  Seems to be working as I expected now.
Not entirely sure why it didn't work the other way but as long as it
works.  I'll get the hang of this thing yet.

     Oh and by the way, the reason for migrating was because the
default C schedulerkeeps crashing on larger cluster and even some
small ones.  Maui hasn't crashed yet.  Progress.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |Philosophy, n, 1. mostly, a debate in a vacuum,
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA | 2. see 1.                     Me