[torqueusers] mpiexec executable path problem

John Lau cflau at clustertech.com
Mon Oct 3 20:00:48 MDT 2005

Hi,

I used mpiexec with torque 1.1.0 on RH AS3 EM64T and they worked well
before. But after I upgrade to Torque 1.2.0 and recompile mpiexec,
mpiexec cannot run executable by relative path. For example, if I have
an executable in /home/cflau/hpl/bin/xhpl, I can run such job script:
cd hpl/bin
mpiexec ./xhpl

But now it will report error:
/bin/bash: line 1: /home/cflau/xhpl: No such file or directory
/bin/bash: line 1: exec: /home/cflau/xhpl: cannot execute: No such file
or directory

But it will work if I put full path in mpiexec. Similar error occurs
when using with mpiexec of LAM. And it seems that they don't have this
problem in i386 environment. So I wonder if there are some platform
dependent bugs in Torque tm interface.

Best regards,
John Lau

--