[torqueusers] New: C scheduler -> maui help

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 4 06:19:35 MDT 2005

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Lennart Karlsson wrote:

> Chris,
>
> You wrote:
> >      The C scheduler allows Torque to have queue priorities.  Example,
> > two queues, a and b, with priorites a 10 an b 20.  If I submit jobs to
> > both, those in b will be run first.  If jobs from a are running, the
> > next job to run will be from b in there are any.
> >
> >      I was hoping that it would be as simple as
> >
> > CLASSCFG[a]  PRIORITY=10
> > CLASSCFG[b]  PRIORITY=20
> >
> > but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Any ideas?  Help appreciated as
> > always.
>

> Suggestion:
>
> CLASSCFG[a]	QDEF=lowprio
> CLASSCFG[b]	QDEF=hiprio
>
> QOSCFG[lowprio]	PRIORITY=1
> QOSCFG[hiprio]	PRIORITY=100000

     Excuse me, I over simplified.  There are 7 queues in the cxurrent
system.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |"The hardest thing in this world is to live in
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA | it."  Buffy, the vampire slayer EOS 5