[torqueusers] log getting spammed with wait_request failed messages

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Oct 3 18:13:57 MDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 04:54:26PM -0700, Tony Vu alleged:
> Oct  3 16:47:55 dtf-mgmt1 PBS_Server: PBS_Server, wait_request failed
> Oct  3 16:50:00 dtf-mgmt1 PBS_Server: Invalid argument (22) in
> wait_request, select failed
>
> My server's logs are continually being bombarded with these
> messages.  I've restarted pbs_server and the same messages still
> repeat.  Any ideas?

Someone is opening a connection to pbs_server and then not responding.
The hard part is figuring out where the connection is coming from.  I'd
probably start with 'lsof -p' on pbs_server's PID and investigating the
connections.

University of Southern California