[torqueusers] New: C scheduler -> maui help

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 3 11:39:16 MDT 2005

     Hi again,

     Still trying to duplicate existing C scheduler functionality in
maui here.  So far so good.

     The C scheduler allows Torque to have queue priorities.  Example,
two queues, a and b, with priorites a 10 an b 20.  If I submit jobs to
both, those in b will be run first.  If jobs from a are running, the
next job to run will be from b in there are any.

     I was hoping that it would be as simple as

CLASSCFG[a]  PRIORITY=10
CLASSCFG[b]  PRIORITY=20

but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Any ideas?  Help appreciated as
always.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |To succeed in the world it is not enough to be
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |stupid, you must also be well-mannered.  Voltaire