[torqueusers] C scheduler -> maui help

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 3 09:02:59 MDT 2005

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Chris Johnson wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Jeff Blasius wrote:
>
> > Using this method I believe it's possible the first job can run a load
> > > 1.0 and prohibit the next job from being run. Is this the case?
> >
> > Maybe this is better:
> >  Example 1:  Favor the fastest nodes with the most available memory
> > which are running the fewest jobs.
> >
> > NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY PRIORITY
> > NODECFG[DEFAULT] PRIORITYF='SPEED + .01 * AMEM - 10 * JOBCOUNT'
> >
> > Maybe this should be discussed on the maui list.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >                   jeff

      Excuse me!  That was terrible.  Try again.

      The thinking here is that the node which was assigned was the
node with the lowest load when the sacheduler looked.  In fact this
prevents any one node from being picked on by the system.  That's a
good thing.  So I think we have our solution.  Thank you all.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |"The hardest thing in this world is to live in
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA | it."  Buffy, the vampire slayer EOS 5