[torqueusers] C scheduler -> maui help

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 3 08:50:36 MDT 2005

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Jeff Blasius wrote:

> Using this method I believe it's possible the first job can run a load
> > 1.0 and prohibit the next job from being run. Is this the case?
>
> Maybe this is better:
>  Example 1:  Favor the fastest nodes with the most available memory
> which are running the fewest jobs.
>
> NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY PRIORITY
> NODECFG[DEFAULT] PRIORITYF='SPEED + .01 * AMEM - 10 * JOBCOUNT'
>
> Maybe this should be discussed on the maui list.
>
> Thanks,
>                   jeff

     The thinking at this end is that the nde to whixch it was
assigned was was the one with the lowest node when then schedulet
looked.  Which is fine as it prevents any node from getting picked on.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |happy people?    Tea bag tag