[torqueusers] C scheduler -> maui help

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 3 07:40:14 MDT 2005

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Chris Johnson wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, Jeff Blasius wrote:
>
> > I'm new here too, so this may not be correct. I believe what you want
> > can be accomplished by setting
> > NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY CPULOAD
> > See:
> > http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/5.2nodeallocation.shtml
> >
> >        -jeff
> >

>      Closer.  No cigar yet.  Some jobs seem to get stuck in Q state if
> too many are queued at once.  For example, I have three nodes,
> queueing 4 jobs does the right thing in that one cpu from each node
> was sceduled before the second cpu on any node was scheduled.  However
> queueing 5 jobs put two in Q state and left them there.

     Closer.  Puting two together gets it almost right.  I'm using,
over and above the out of the box config,

JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY     EXACTNODE
NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY   CPULOAD

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |Knowing what thou knowest not
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |is in  a sence omniscience.  Piet Hein