[torqueusers] C scheduler -> maui help

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 3 07:00:25 MDT 2005

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, Jeff Blasius wrote:

> I'm new here too, so this may not be correct. I believe what you want
> can be accomplished by setting
> NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY CPULOAD
> See:
> http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/5.2nodeallocation.shtml
>
>        -jeff

     Closer.  No cigar yet.  Some jobs seem to get stuck in Q state if
too many are queued at once.  For example, I have three nodes,
queueing 4 jobs does the right thing in that one cpu from each node
was sceduled before the second cpu on any node was scheduled.  However
queueing 5 jobs put two in Q state and left them there.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |I'm continually amazed by mankind's seemingly
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |infinite capacity for stupidity.    Me