[torqueusers] help with use of PVM with Torque

L.S.Lowe at bham.ac.uk L.S.Lowe at bham.ac.uk
Wed Nov 30 08:31:07 MST 2005

Hi, can anyone give any guidance on using PVM with Torque?
We have a couple of users who want to start using our cluster
with some commercial software which uses PVM.

There is a web page
http://www.clusterresources.com/products/torque/docs20/7.2pvm.shtml
but it's got no content yet! And I can't see any docs on PVM
sites in relation to Torque.

The cluster they would like to use has torque-2.0.0p2 on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 3, with a shared home file-system, and doesn't allow rsh
or ssh to worker nodes. We successfully use MPI (via mpiexec) on gigabit
ethernet and Myrinet backplane. But PVM and how it can integrate with
Torque is a mystery to us!

Any help appreciated.
Lawrence Lowe.