[torqueusers] Torque BOF todos? :-)

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Nov 28 16:46:11 MST 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 02:39:01PM -0800, Bernard Li alleged:
> I wasn't at the BOF but I maintain the TORQUE Package (RPM) for OSCAR -
> it would be good for all of us to work together on a single RPM spec
> (actually I think I saw another post saying that there is an "official"
> torque.spec floating around somewhere...?)

I added a torque.spec to CVS recently.  The idea is that  'rpmbuild -tb
torque-blah.tar.gz' should work reasonably well.  You can find the spec
file in the current latest snapshot (1133039334), but the tarball is
missing 1 key item to actually build the rpms.  I was going to announce
it after the next snapshot.

I still contend that spec files distributed with the source never seem
to work quite right, so I've personally resisted adding one.  But people
were asking for it, so I did my best.

IMHO, the best places to get a spec file are (ordered from best to
worst):

  - your own, that you maintain
  - your linux distro
  - a 3rd party repository for your linux distro
  - random web page
  - the source's tarball

University of Southern California