[torqueusers] how to get job return code in epilogue?

garrick garrick at usc.edu
Tue Nov 22 18:03:32 MST 2005

Please keep replies on the list so that everyone can benefit or join in.

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 08:37:05AM +0800, ?????? alleged:
> hello  garrick
>
>      I want to get job return code to make out whether it is success or not, when I use GNQS, I only add :  echo $?
>
> and I can get the return code, but now I change GNQS to torque, please help me.

The epilogue is executed as a seperate process after the job script
completes, so passing a return code through $? would be impossible.
Perhaps we could add another env variable with the exit value.

I apologize if I sound rude, but I'm wondering _why_ you need this.  The
purpose of the epilogue is to clean up the node after the job ends;
which is the same process regardless of job success.

University of Southern California