[torqueusers] torque requires --enable-debug to work

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Nov 22 15:20:48 MST 2005

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 20:26, Andrew Sharpe wrote:

> Turns out the problem was the size of our ldap database - very big.  The
> mom would take so long to go through the groups (see init_groups in
> start_exec.c) that the server would timeout and report failure, however
> the client would continue running (as no fault occurred) then try and
> submit the obituary for the job and fail.

The newest versions of Torque include a completely new version of
init_groups() that was written by APAC to be much more LDAP friendly and,
coincidentally, fixes the bug in AIX where they decided not to LDAP enable
the functions that the old init_groups() used (even though the RFC said they
should be).

Might be worth your while looking into that version, or at least carving out
the init_groups() function and dropping it into the version you're using
(which is what I had to do before the patch got merged).

Good luck!

Chris