[torqueusers] need testers for TM interface

Martin Schafföner martin.schaffoener at e-technik.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Nov 22 00:55:43 MST 2005

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 01:02, Garrick Staples wrote:
> It's been a long standing problem that the resmom TM interface only
> supports 1 connection at a time.  This patch hopefully fixes this.  You
> can have long-running pbsdsh processes in the background and still run
> new pbsdsh tasks.  It just needs some testing.
>
> I've just been doing trivial things like this:
>
> $ pbsdsh sleep 60 &
> $ pbsdsh bash -c 'sleep 10; hostname; echo $PBS_TASKNUM' &
> $ pbsdsh hostname

Haven't tested the patch yet, but doesn't your above scenario mean that
allocated nodes are over-committed, i.e. 3 different parallel tasks are run
simultaneously? Is that really what we want?

Regards,
--
Martin Schafföner

Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and
Communication Technologies, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 391 6720063