[torqueusers] file size limited 2GB

Michael Barnes mbarnes at compsci.wm.edu
Thu Nov 10 15:12:23 MST 2005

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 11:45:13AM +0100, Ronny T. Lampert wrote:
> That is because of the shell redirection used and most distros don't compile
> bash/tcsh/... with -D_LARGEFILE et al.
> You may do this for youself using an SRPM and altering the CFLAGS.

FWIW, I've never encountered redirection issues and largefile support.
In fact, I run a variant of RH7.2 on a 64bit platform, and many of the
utilities there have largefile issues.  I always use redirection, even
across networks to ensure that there are not largefile issues.

The utilities that have issues on 64bit RH7.2 are: cat, cp, rsh, ssh,
possibly others, I haven't encountered the problem in years although the
system is still in operation.

Utilities that are OK are tar and possibly rsync.  But I believe that
gzip has problems as well.  Yuck, what a pain.

Mike

--
| Michael Barnes <mbarnes at compsci.wm.edu> |