[torqueusers] SC05 Maui + TORQUE BOF

Dave Jackson jacksond at clusterresources.com
Wed Nov 9 11:26:23 MST 2005

Greetings,

  At the SuperComputing 05 Conference, Cluster Resources requested a BOF
for Maui and TORQUE.  However, due to miscommunication somewhere along
the line, this reservation did not get made/preserved.  We are and have
been on a waiting list for months seeking a meeting space but despite
repeated attempts on our side, at this point, we still have no confirmed
room.  We deeply regret this status.

  We still are attempting to reserve a space but at this point, we must
let the community know status.  Our plans are to have a BOF Wednesday
afternoon sometime between 1:00 and 5:00 PM.  Please let us know via
email of major conflicts in this timeframe as we want to avoid conflicts
that will impact significant portions of the community.

  At the Cluster Resources booth (#2036), there will be a sign-up sheet.
Please come by and let us know if you will be attending so we can
allocate a properly sized room.  We will also be compiling a list of
attendees via email if you would rather send email to
awebb at clusterresources.com

  As soon as we can acquire an official (or unofficial if necessary)
meeting space, we will post to the mailing lists regarding the time and
place.

  At the meeting, we will be presenting the following:

- brief summary of accomplishments in terms of enhancements and major
fixes
- brief summary of what the community is doing with TORQUE from massive
clusters to massive workload, to special application environments
- current short term development roadmap
- longer term design objectives and roadmap

  We would like to reserve at least half the time for community
response, whether this be Q&A or proposals on development and project
directions.

  In addition to this meeting, there is a Cluster Resources forum which
will discuss Moab-based Utility Computing, Grid Scheduling, Storage and
Network management, and many other more advanced topics.  This forum
will cover how we are combining the power of Moab with TORQUE and other
resource managers to provide very advanced solutions and will provide a
good window on some of the future directions the cluster community is
pursuing.

There will be discussion here as well on topics related to TORQUE and
Maui development but the time allotted will be more limited.

  In addition to the BOF, please come by the booth.  We would very much
like to get to know the community better including your current and
future needs.  Our technical staff will be happy to discuss any
questions you might have and our marketing staff would be more than
happy to let you know about the many benefits of our professional
products! :)

  Thanks for making this a great year!

Dave