[torqueusers] Re: unable to contact node, Connection refused

Alejandro Hurtado Turiño ale at cubaenergia.cu
Tue Nov 8 09:43:20 MST 2005

Hi Garrick and others, my situation go on, an now
grid1 is listed in the server_priv/nodes file.
I delete the "$restricted    grid1" line
and MOM, SHED, and server are running.
[root at grid1 root]# ps ax|grep pbs
 2309 ?        S      0:19 /usr/local/sbin/pbs_mom
 2313 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/sbin/pbs_sched
 2317 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/sbin/pbs_server
 2889 pts/0    S      0:00 grep pbs
In fact, when I submit a job, this job is in queue, but dont start unless
(like root) I send a command qrun job# then the jobs run successfully.
I don't configure a the pbs schedule it is by default, and I only start
it.

thanks again,
Alejandro

> Thank Garrick, for your answer. but I continue with the problem and I
> don't have any ideas on how to solve it. One time I made guide for the
> installation of the torque/PBS server, based in my own(shortest)
> experience and manuals. Now, I'm trying to to do it following this
guide.
> (I write it at the end)
> My server is a node too, and scheq (is it a problem? )

It's perfectly fine that the server is also a node.  Just make sure that
both pbs_server and pbs_mom daemons are running.

It's unclear to me whether the scheduler is running.  According to the
logs earlier, it wasn't.

> --------Configuracion server-sched
> >torque.setup root
> >echo 'grid1'>/usr/spool/PBS/server_priv/nodes   #creando el file nodes
> >gmgr -c 'create node worker2'        # and worker3,....

Nope.  'create node' is unsupported in qmgr.  You simply add the node to
server_priv/nodes and restart pbs_server.

> > > ---
> > > grid1 is the pbs server with pbsmon installed.
> > > no firewall
> > > my mom-priv/config
> > > $clienthost    grid1
> > > $logevent      255
> > > $restricted    grid1

Don't use $restricted unless you are on OSX with a broken bind()
function.

University of Southern California