[torqueusers] mpiexec not redirecting stdout

Martin Schafföner martin.schaffoener at e-technik.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Nov 4 04:51:13 MST 2005

Hi,

it may be that I am missing something, but there seems to be a problem in
torque 2.0.0p0 (likely earlier versions too), or a problem with mpiexec.
Consider this procedure:

schaffoe at master>qsub -l nodes=2:ppn=2 -I
schaffoe at node17>mpiexec -comm none hostname >/dev/null
node17
node17
node04
node04
schaffoe at node17>

IMHO I should not have seen anything, except if I had also used the -nostdout
option. Could this be a bug related to / in the mpiexec patch? What can I do
to get the output properly redirected?

Regards,
--
Martin Schafföner

Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and
Communication Technologies, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 391 6720063