[torqueusers] Multiple concurrent calls of pbsdsh from same job script

Martin Schafföner martin.schaffoener at e-technik.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Nov 1 09:20:03 MST 2005

On Tuesday 01 November 2005 17:08, Garrick Staples wrote:
> Yes, this is a limitation of the TM interface.  Pete Wyckoff's mpiexec
> has a pretty neat method to work around this.  You can use it to spawn
> non-MPI commands with "-comm none".
>
> http://www.osc.edu/~pw/mpiexec/

Thanks for your answer! I figured out that by first forking a "mpiexec
-server" and subsequently forking "mpiexec --comm=none args" I can simulate
the behavior. However, mpiexec does not let me choose the node the command is
supposed to run on. We rely on some third-party software which produces
errors if run simultaneously on an SMP system which cannot be prevented by
using mpiexec.

Regards,
--
Martin Schafföner

Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and
Communication Technologies, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 391 6720063