[torqueusers] Multiple concurrent calls of pbsdsh from same job script

Martin Schafföner martin.schaffoener at e-technik.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Nov 1 09:20:03 MST 2005

On Tuesday 01 November 2005 17:08, Garrick Staples wrote:
> Yes, this is a limitation of the TM interface.  Pete Wyckoff's mpiexec
> has a pretty neat method to work around this.  You can use it to spawn
> non-MPI commands with "-comm none".
> http://www.osc.edu/~pw/mpiexec/

Thanks for your answer! I figured out that by first forking a "mpiexec
-server" and subsequently forking "mpiexec --comm=none args" I can simulate
the behavior. However, mpiexec does not let me choose the node the command is
supposed to run on. We rely on some third-party software which produces
errors if run simultaneously on an SMP system which cannot be prevented by
using mpiexec.

Martin Schafföner

Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and
Communication Technologies, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 391 6720063