[torqueusers] Multiple concurrent calls of pbsdsh from same job script

Martin Schafföner martin.schaffoener at e-technik.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Nov 1 07:11:48 MST 2005

I am in the process of discontinuing rsh access to compute nodes and replacing
it by TM-based spawns. We have a suite of perl helper scripts which split and
distribute certain tasks to nodes allocated to a job. This is achieved by
forking and execing a synchronous rsh call (the ones I would like to
discontinue).

Now I thought of replacing the rsh calls by pbsdsh calls. However, while a
pbsdsh waits for the spawned process to finish, I cannot spawn more processes
using another pbsdsh. It returns "pbsdsh: tm_init failed, rc =
TM_ENOTCONNECTED (17002)" and Mother Superior's log has
"pbs_mom;Svr;pbs_mom;tm_request, extra TM connect from 3790.cluster task 1".

Does anybody know an easy solution to this problem?

Regards,
--
Martin Schafföner

Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and
Communication Technologies, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 391 6720063