[torqueusers] Multiple concurrent calls of pbsdsh from same job script

Martin Schafföner martin.schaffoener at e-technik.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Nov 1 07:11:48 MST 2005

I am in the process of discontinuing rsh access to compute nodes and replacing
it by TM-based spawns. We have a suite of perl helper scripts which split and
distribute certain tasks to nodes allocated to a job. This is achieved by
forking and execing a synchronous rsh call (the ones I would like to

Now I thought of replacing the rsh calls by pbsdsh calls. However, while a
pbsdsh waits for the spawned process to finish, I cannot spawn more processes
using another pbsdsh. It returns "pbsdsh: tm_init failed, rc =
TM_ENOTCONNECTED (17002)" and Mother Superior's log has
"pbs_mom;Svr;pbs_mom;tm_request, extra TM connect from 3790.cluster task 1".

Does anybody know an easy solution to this problem?

Martin Schafföner

Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and
Communication Technologies, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 391 6720063