[torqueusers] submit filter

Glen Beane beaneg at umcs.maine.edu
Thu Mar 31 13:18:31 MST 2005

Is it possible to have the qsub submit filter cause a job submission to
be rejected?  We developed an accounting system in-house, and currently
we rely on a wrapper for qsub that forces the user to pass the -A flag.
The wrapper looks up the account to check their balance to make sure
they have enough 'credits' to run the job. It also checks to see if the
project has permissions to run in a particular queue (we don't use
torques queue acl's, since users may be members of various projects
with different queue permissions).  Anyway I am interested in providing
a submit filter for torque installations, because right now our wrapper
breaks interactive jobs