[torqueusers] .pbs_spool dir issue

Brian Haymore brian at chpc.utah.edu
Mon Mar 28 17:50:19 MST 2005

When we first deployed Torque 1.0.1p6 we got our first taste of the
patch that put stdout and stderr into ~/.pbs_spool instead of inside the
mom_priv/spool dir on mother superior of the job.  Since then we have
built a 1.2.0b0 and at 1.2.0p2 setup and both of these versions are now
no longer writing stdout and stderr to ~/.pbs_spool but are in fact
writing them again to mom_priv/spool.  The real issue with this is these
files are not being copied from mom_priv/spool to the users submit dir
nor to the mom_priv/undelivered dir as they should if the copy to the
submit dir fails.

Anyone else seeing this or know of how to address this.  I have looked
very closely at our mom_priv/config file to insure our usecp: lines are
setup correctly and they seem to be right.  However if it were just a
usecp issue I would expect them to be moved to the undelivered dir
instead of just being left in the spool dir.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian D. Haymore
University of Utah
Center for High Performance Computing
155 South 1452 East RM 405
Salt Lake City, Ut 84112-0190
Phone: (801) 558-1150, Fax: (801) 585-5366