[torqueusers] .pbs_spool dir issue

Brian Haymore brian at chpc.utah.edu
Mon Mar 28 17:50:19 MST 2005

When we first deployed Torque 1.0.1p6 we got our first taste of the
patch that put stdout and stderr into ~/.pbs_spool instead of inside the
mom_priv/spool dir on mother superior of the job.  Since then we have
built a 1.2.0b0 and at 1.2.0p2 setup and both of these versions are now
no longer writing stdout and stderr to ~/.pbs_spool but are in fact
writing them again to mom_priv/spool.  The real issue with this is these
files are not being copied from mom_priv/spool to the users submit dir
nor to the mom_priv/undelivered dir as they should if the copy to the
submit dir fails.

Anyone else seeing this or know of how to address this.  I have looked
very closely at our mom_priv/config file to insure our usecp: lines are
setup correctly and they seem to be right.  However if it were just a
usecp issue I would expect them to be moved to the undelivered dir
instead of just being left in the spool dir.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Brian D. Haymore
University of Utah