[torqueusers] Re: Disappearing Nodes

Hannu Väisänen hvaisane at joyx.joensuu.fi
Wed Mar 23 23:50:45 MST 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:04:14AM -0500, Jeremy Stout wrote:
> Hello. Over the weeknd, I noticed that the nodes on my cluster would
> disappear and come back every few minutes. When they would disappear,
> the status would often appear as "down".

This may have something to do with firewalls.
My nodes disappear soon after I disable the firewall, and then
pbs_mom log shows something like this

pbs_mom;Svr;pbs_mom;No child processes (10) in is_update_stat, cannot specify protocol version
pbs_mom;Svr;pbs_mom;im_eof, Premature end of message from addr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:15001
                                                  Server node->===============

Port 15001 is enabled in firewall.