[torqueusers] problem with: set queue cfq route_destinations = cfq@other.host

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Mar 17 15:59:52 MST 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 05:45:15PM -0500, Troy Baer alleged:
> On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 17:31, Chris Samuel wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 02:38 am, L.S.Lowe at bham.ac.uk wrote:
> > > Hello, I'm having a problem reproducing OpenPBS routing behaviour on
> > > Torque (torque version 1.2.0p1, if it matters).
> >
> > I've not heard of anyone successfully using routing queues with Torque. :-(
>
> That's rather depressing.  We use them with OpenPBS as a matter of
> course, at least for our default queue:

I've been making heavy use of routing queues for quite some time in Torque.  No
probs.

My only complaint is that if jobs pile up in a routing queue (because of some
limit set on the destinations), it is possible for jobs to eventually get
routed out of order.  I haven't figured out a way out of this yet.

> Or do you mean routing queues that point to other PBS/TORQUE instances?
> I'm not sure that's likely to work except in rather exceptional
> circumstances...  You'd need rsh/ruserok working between the two
> pbs_server hosts, at the very least.

That I've not done.

University of Southern California