[torqueusers] problem with: set queue cfq route_destinations = cfq@other.host

Troy Baer troy at osc.edu
Thu Mar 17 15:45:15 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 17:31, Chris Samuel wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 02:38 am, L.S.Lowe at bham.ac.uk wrote:
> > Hello, I'm having a problem reproducing OpenPBS routing behaviour on
> > Torque (torque version 1.2.0p1, if it matters).
>
> I've not heard of anyone successfully using routing queues with Torque. :-(

That's rather depressing.  We use them with OpenPBS as a matter of
course, at least for our default queue:
-----
create queue batch
set queue batch queue_type = Route
set queue batch route_destinations = serial
set queue batch route_destinations += parallel
set queue batch route_destinations += dedicated
set queue batch enabled = True
set queue batch started = True
set server default_queue = batch
-----
(The serial, parallel, and dedicated queues are execution queues used
for job classification and partition access.)

Or do you mean routing queues that point to other PBS/TORQUE instances?
I'm not sure that's likely to work except in rather exceptional
circumstances...  You'd need rsh/ruserok working between the two
pbs_server hosts, at the very least.

	--Troy
Troy Baer                       email:  troy at osc.edu
Science & Technology Support    phone:  614-292-9701
Ohio Supercomputer Center       web:  http://oscinfo.osc.edu