[torqueusers] problem with: set queue cfq route_destinations = cfq@other.host

L.S.Lowe at bham.ac.uk L.S.Lowe at bham.ac.uk
Tue Mar 15 08:38:19 MST 2005

Hello, I'm having a problem reproducing OpenPBS routing behaviour on
Torque (torque version 1.2.0p1, if it matters).

This may be similar to other emails, in January
(subject PBS and Globus gatekeeper node),
which I didn't see a resolution for.

If I define a queue on my PC (which runs a pbs_server, scheduler, and
mom), in a way which works on OpenPBS:

create queue cfq
set queue cfq queue_type = Route
set queue cfq route_destinations = cfq at other.host
set queue cfq enabled = True
set queue cfq started = True

and then submit jobs as follows:
    echo hostname | qsub -q cfq

then the jobs never get out of my machine: no attempt occurs to
contact other.host (as shown by tcpdump, and with firewalls off).
I receive an email:

 PBS Job Id: 20.mypc.etc
 Job Name:   STDIN
 Aborted by PBS Server
 Job rejected by all possible destinations

I have my PC hostname in /etc/hosts.equiv on the other.host
(but, as I say, the request actually never leaves my PC).

On the other hand, if I submit:
    echo hostname | qsub -q cfq at other.host
then it works.

Is this a feature of OpenPBS that's been removed from Torque?
Or is there another reason why it's not working?

Thanks, Lawrence Lowe.
Tel: 0121 414 4621    Fax: 0121 414 6709    Email: L.S.Lowe at bham.ac.uk