[torqueusers] Help! In Mac OS X All Jobs Are Being Sent to One Node

Steven Saunders s_j_nevets at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 13 18:20:41 MST 2005

--- Fabrizio Salvatore <p.salvatore at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:
> Ous cluster is a Linux one and not a Mac OS one, but what you say
> suggests me that you do not have the option set to distribute
> the jobs evenly. in qmgr:
>
> > qmgr
> Qmgr: p s
>
> do you see:
> set server resources_default.neednodes = 1
> set server resources_default.nodect = 1
>
> If not, set these parameters and try again.

Thanks for your response. Those settings helped, jobs are now being
sent to all the nodes except now only one job is being sent to each
node.

Each of my execution nodes has 2 cpus, and each of my jobs only
requires only one cpu. So I need each node to get two jobs at a time.
However, when I submit many jobs, only one job is getting sent to
each node, and the other jobs are waiting in the queue and are not
sent to a node until the single job already on the node is finished.

I've tried using

        qsub -l nodes=1:ppn=1 myjob

but that doesn't make any difference.

How can I get it to give each node as many jobs as it has CPUs?

Thanks.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com