[torqueusers] Inaccurate memory report in pbsnodes

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Mar 8 17:16:29 MST 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 06:13 am, Cristina Ururahy wrote:

> My computer has 6Gb (RAM + SWAP)

I'm so sorry, I think that I've misunderstood completely what you wrote here.

I had assumed that what you were saying was that the sum of RAM and swap was
6GB and not that you had 6GB of RAM and 6GB of swap for a total of 12GB!

Because of my misreading I couldn't understand why you were having this
problem when at least one IA32 cluster that I know with 8GB in total (4GB RAM
and 4GB swap) was working fine with Redhat Enterprise Linux 3 - hence why I
sent you off on what is probably a complete wild goose about GCC. :-(

I plead caffeine deficiency, so sorry!..

Chris