[torqueusers] Supporting adaptive scheduling of jobs

Prakash Velayutham velayups at email.uc.edu
Fri Mar 4 15:28:20 MST 2005

Hi,

I have a question about the scheduling of jobs based on MPI-2
standard. Does Torque support adaptive scheduling? By this I
mean if a user can initially request a specific number of CPUs
and then based on the complexity of the job decide to ask for
more or give up some of the assigned CPUs. How difficult would
it be to achieve this kind of adaptivity with existing Torque
code base? I am planning on working on such a scheduler for my
thesis, so I would like to know what I am getting into from
the developers themselves?

Thanks,
Prakash