[torqueusers] Persuading Maui to Run a Job

pat.o'bryant at exxonmobil.com pat.o'bryant at exxonmobil.com
Wed Mar 2 06:30:44 MST 2005

     I am new to Torque/Maui. After installing both on a Linux system and
running "genpbs", I submitted a very simple job that displays the hostname
where the job runs. The job remained in a "Q" state according to "qstat
-a". After several attempts to get things going, I decided to stop the
Maui scheduler and use the default PBS scheduler. After re-submitting my
job to the PBS scheduler, everything ran as expected. Is there some secret
to get Maui to select a job. One guess I had was to specify the Maui port
number in "/etc/services" as "pbs_sched         tcp/42559".

Thanks,

J.W. (Pat) O'Bryant,Jr.
UTeC Systems, SWS
Office: 713-431-7022