[torqueusers] why a mpirun job only runs on a single node

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Mar 1 19:20:47 MST 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:45 am, xuehai zhang wrote:

> I am a newbie to Torque/PBS. I am sorry if my question is posted in the
> list earlier or is problematic itself.

As others have mentioned, you need to specify the file containing the list of
compute nodes that PBS has allocated to you.

A better solution may be to use the "mpiexec" program instead to launch your
MPI tasks as it finds out for itself how many nodes you want and what they
are.

It is at:

		http://www.osc.edu/~pw/mpiexec/

Good luck!