[torqueusers] Re: pbsnodes -a do not see the state of all nodes

Hannu Väisänen hvaisane at joyx.joensuu.fi
Tue Mar 1 03:16:19 MST 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 08:02:11AM +1100, Chris Samuel wrote:
> There should also be a rule there to accept establish
> traffic too I believe ?

Yes, there is

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

> I'd suggest an explicit deny and log rule at the end so you can see if there's
> something odd happening with the rules.
>
> For instance, my Shorewall config generates the following automatically:
>
> -A net2all -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
> -A net2all -j Drop
> -A net2all -j LOG --log-prefix "Shorewall:net2all:DROP:" --log-level 6
> -A net2all -j DROP
> You should be append those 3 rules to your iptables-config simply, and
> remember to change the table from net2all to RH-Firewall-1-INPUT !

We seem to have different versions of iptables.

# ./iptables start
Applying iptables firewall rules: iptables-restore v1.2.11:
 Couldn't load target `Drop':/lib/iptables/libipt_Drop.so:

Error occurred at line: 31
Try `iptables-restore -h' or 'iptables-restore --help' for more information.