[torqueusers] creating groups of nodes

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Jun 30 16:53:58 MDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 03:12:05PM -0500, Smith, Ryan alleged:
> Anyone have a quick "here's how to do it" for creating groups of nodes
> in torque.  This is without Muai, Moab, whatnot.

I'm not entire sure what you mean by "groups of nodes" in torque.  So the
answer below is just a guess at what you want.

You can specify common node attributes in $PBS_HOME/server_priv/nodes.  Just
list arbitrary labels after each node name:

node01 group01
node02 group01
node03 group01
node04 group02
node05 group02
node06 group02

You can then refer to group01 when submitting jobs:
  qsub -l nodes=2:group02 (might run on node04 and node05)

University of Southern California