[torqueusers] Compiling 1.2.0p5 with Altix cpuset support

John Dalton John.Dalton at utas.edu.au
Thu Jul 28 20:27:39 MDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm a new subscriber to this list - I haven't been able to find a
solution to this in the archives, so if it's a well-known problem please
just point me in the right direction and I'll go and do more reading.

I'm trying to build torque 1.2.0p5 with cpuset support on a 32P Altix
system running SLES9 and SGI ProPack 4.  The configure script doesn't
seem to know anything about cpusets, so I googled and found this page:
  http://www.clusterresources.com/moabdocs423/altixcpuset.shtml
..in particular section 2.2 which says:

    To compile TORQUE with Altix cpuset support, add "#define
    PENABLE_DYNAMIC_CPUSETS 1" to src/include/pbs_config.h. The
    string "-lcpuset" will also need to be added to the MOMLIBS
    line in src/resmom/Makefile.  This process will be handled
    via configure in future releases.

I've made these changes, however while compiling src/resmom/start_exec.c
I get a bunch of "is undefined" errors for cpuset related stuff.

Sample errors are:

start_exec.c(1339): error: identifier "cpuset_NameList_t" is undefined

start_exec.c(1664): error: identifier "CPUSET_CPU_EXCLUSIVE" is
undefined

I have a cpuset.h in /usr/include/ and another (different) one in the
kernel source tree, however neither of them define the missing things.

I've looked on an IRIX box and noticed that cpuset.h in /usr/include
and /usr/include/sys DOES define the missing things, so I'm wondering if
I'm missing something really obvious or maybe the Altix support isn't
really there at all?  Or perhaps it changed in ProPack 4 and nobody has
tried building on that yet?

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

John

--
John Dalton