[torqueusers] Torque 1.2.0p4 on Mac OS X Tiger Server 10.4.2

Andrew J Caird acaird at umich.edu
Fri Jul 29 07:22:40 MDT 2005

Eric,

We're using maui as the scheduler on our Macs with PBSPro.  These
instructions should get you started; at least it will fix the sed issue
(the included sed in OSX won't work).

The steps I took to get it to compile were:

1. Edit configure.ac per:
     58,59d57
     < elif test "$OS" = "Darwin"; then
     <   OPSYS="__FREEBSD"
   Then run:
     autoconf configure.ac > configure

2. Install GNU sed and put it first in your path; the sed that comes
   with OS X doesn't seem to handle the combination of the "-f" flag
   and accepting input from stdin which is required when running
   config.status, which configure does right at the end.  The GNU sed
   does just fine.

3. You can now run:
     ./configure --with-pbs=/path/to/pbs/
   (or whatever RM you're compiling against)

4. I had to run "ranlib" on my PBS libraries, you may or may not have to
   do this step.  If you do, you should copy them somewhere safe first.
   You'll know if you need to if you get errors that say something about
   "rerun ranlib".

I hope this helps.
----
Andrew Caird               Manager of High Performance Computing
University of Michigan Engineering/Center for Advanced Computing
http://cac.engin.umich.edu     acaird at umich.edu     734.647.5273