[torqueusers] parallel shells

Daniel Widyono widyono at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Jul 28 13:59:00 MDT 2005

Sorry, I should have included the reason I'm moving away from xcat.  We're
using sisuite, and most of what we need is implemented there already.  We
don't need the RAW POWER :) of xcat, we just need a simple rpower, rcons, and
psh (rather, I want a psh that's integrated with PBS, so it knows the "up"
nodes without my having to extract the list myself, and perhaps -- perhaps --
using the MOM channel for execution of the processes).

xcat has too much else that I don't want to install, or confuse myself by
having it sitting there without being used.  I also don't want to go through
xcat configuration again.  Ever.  In.  My.  Life.

Thanks,
Dan W.