[torqueusers] Altix array support?

Baker D.J. D.J.Baker at soton.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 05:03:35 MDT 2005

Hi,
  We recently installed torque, and maui on our Altix system. At this
stage the torque/maui setup is quite basic. We just wanted to get a feel
for how it would behave on the machine, and of course provide a basic
job queuing environment. Ideally we would like to partition the machine
so that one of the cpus can be used for interactive work, and the rest
of the  cpus for batch work. Also we would like to enable a higher
degree of cpu and memory management in the batch environment.

We're aware that Altix cpuset support is being rolled into torque,
however we don't have much idea for the current state of play in this
respect. Could someone please help us by outlining the degree of cpuset
support currently offered by torque, and if appropriate/possible outline
how to enable/deploy this feature on our machine. The only indicator
that I can find regarding the status of Altix support is the text of a
reply from Dave Jackson c. Nov 2004 (shown below...).

Any advice from the torque developers or Altix users would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you -- David Baker.