[torqueusers] qsub: cannot connect to server one.server.com (errno=15007)

Engineering Dept. engcore at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 15:57:01 MDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm new to this (obviously), and am having trouble submitting jobs to
the torque scheduler.
First off, I've read through the Admin Guide, User Guide, Quickstart
guide, Troubleshooting guide, this mailing list archive, and about
1000 seearch results from Google. So, I've done some research on this
problem and still I can't seem to get it resolved.

Here is the error I get:
--------
user at one [~]$time strace -f -o /tmp/1.strace qsub -l nodes=1 simple-test
pbs_iff: cannot connect to one.server.com:15001 - fatal error,
errno=13 (Permission denied)
No Permission.
qsub: cannot connect to server one.server.com (errno=15007)

real    0m0.039s
user    0m0.007s
sys     0m0.026s
--------

As far as I can tell I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible
in order to just evaluate torque at this point.

I have one server and a cluster of only two nodes (for now). The
Server is running the pbs_server and scheduler, and the nodes are
running pbs_mom. Everything "appears to be created and configured
properly.

Anyone have a clue as to what is causing this or where I should look?

Everything appears to be configured correctly as far as I can
tell...any help would be appreciated.

thanks