[torqueusers] PBS stuck: No time-share node available

Rick.Ingham at expeditors.com Rick.Ingham at expeditors.com
Mon Jul 25 11:35:43 MDT 2005

This has just come up recently, I don't know what to look for.  It has come
up on one Torque server, but not on four others.  It just came up on an
OpenPBS server (we are in the process of migrating to Torque), so now I'm
not so sure it is Torque specific.

qstat -f shows:

          comment = Not Running - PBS Error: No time-share node available

Most of our servers have a /var/spool/PBS/server_priv/nodes file with the
local system name it it.  At least one system does not have this file.  The
one that does not have the nodes file works fine.  Is this relevent?

--- Rick Ingham, Expeditors Int'l / IS
---- RICK.INGHAM at EXPEDITORS.COM  (206) 674-3400 x3284   FAX  246-3197