[torqueusers] Node Properties and the Default Scheduler

Gene Wolfe gwolfe at lgc.com
Tue Jul 19 06:55:24 MDT 2005

Hello Folks,

I would like to setup a Torque queue that only submits to nodes of a
certain property, say "ss". I would like

to use the default scheduler, is this possible. It seems the default
scheduler ignores the setting. Here are

some of my files:

/usr/spool/PBS/server_priv/nodes

supcl1 np=3 promax

supcl2 np=3 promax ss

supcl3 np=3 promax ss

supcl4 np=3 ss

Qmgr > p s

# Create and define queue single

#

create queue single

set queue single queue_type = Execution

set queue single resources_available.nodes = ss

set queue single max_user_run = 1

set queue single enabled = True

set queue single started = True

When I submit a job to the single queue the jobs runs on supcl1. Any
ideas?

Cheers,

Gene.

Gene (The Machine) Wolfe email: gwolfe at lgc.com

LG026-ESG Support Analyst IV -- ProMAX, SeisSpace, DepthTeam, ProMagic

Halliburton Digital and Consulting Solutions

1805 Shea Center Drive, Suite 400

Highlands Ranch, Co 80129

303-779-8080

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.