[torqueusers] user acls

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Jul 11 16:38:15 MDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 12:00:24AM -0700, Josh Lauricha alleged:
> The cluster I admin has the policy of allowing all users to submit
> jobs. I'd like to be able to deny a specific user access to the
> cluster, is this possible? Using the acls built in doesn't seem to
> work, since if there is anything set in acl_users then everyone needs
> to be listed. Is there any way to use wildcards in the username?

ACLs only act as an accept list, there is no "deny" feature.  There are no
wildcards in usernames, but * works in the hostname portion.

But you can effectively deny users in maui's config with USERCFG.

University of Southern California